Last night was a great night for Choice!
Choice Matters had one heck of a great night. With only two exceptions, every single one of our endorsed candidates won!
Our bright yellow pro-choice voting guide, the WCLA PAC get-out-the-vote calls, and the rides to the polls all came together to make the difference.
We are particularly proud of the role Choice Matters played in the victories in the 37th NYS Senate District where George Latimer was victorious, despite being outspent by historic proportions for a state race, and in the 93rd NYS Assembly District where David Buchwald defeated an anti-choice incumbent.
Choice Mattersâ€™ winning endorsements:
- Barack Obama (President)
- Joe Biden (Vice President)
- Kirsten Gillibrand (U.S. Senator)
- Gerald Loehr, Maria Rosa, Sandra Sciorino (NYS Supreme Court Justices, 9th Judicial District)
- David Zuckerman (Westchester County Court Judge)
- Eliot Engel, Nita Lowey, Sean Patrick Maloney (US House of Representatives)
- Jeff Klein, Andrea Stewart-Cousins, Ruth H. Thompson, George Latimer, David Carlucci, (NYS Senate)
- Amy Paulin, Gary Pretlow, Shelley Mayer, Steve Otis, Tom Abinanti, David Buchwald, Sandy Galef (NYS Assembly)
Choice played a vital role in the election again this year. We found ourselves defending our right to use birth control, and were repeatedly told byÂ anti-Â choice extremists such crazy notions like pregnancy by rape never occursÂ but when it does it is a blessing from God.
Our bright yellow voting guide again proved its power. All over Westchester you saw people carry Choice Matters’ bright yellow voting guide in with them to vote.
Our mailed voting guide is still the best way to ensure that people vote for pro-choice candidates. Please help us continue our work! Contribute.
Full results can be viewed here.